10 Fun Facts About Blueberries
Find ten interesting facts about blueberries, everyone's favorite berry!
Blueberries are the country's favorite berry, and for good reason. They delicious, nutritious, and just plain fun to eat, but how much do you know about these wonderful berries. Find ten fun facts below about everyone's favorite fruit: the little blue dynamos called blueberries!
Ten Fun Facts About Blueberries
1. Blueberries are a superfood. Blueberries are packed with so many vitamins and healthy nutrients that are really good for you, it's almost like they are magic! Blueberries promote general health and fight numerous diseases and conditions.
2. A cup of blueberries has only 81 calories. They are the perfect snack for anyone watching their waistline or striving for better fitness and health.
3. Florida is first state every year to bring blueberries to market. The season usually starts in March and lasts into April or even May, though the season depends on several factors. Look for the Fresh from Florida label on packages to support USA-grown berries.
4. Blueberries get their intense blue color from anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant. Blueberries contain different types of antioxidants, which fight the free radicals that cause cell damage. It is believed that blueberries can aid in the fight against cancer, aging, and more,
5. Blueberries are so versatile, they can be used in every meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even dessert.
6. Blueberries freeze beautifully. You’ll always have blueberries on hand for your favorite recipes.
7. Blueberries have been shown in clinical trials to help destroy belly fat. Yup, all by themselves, blueberries fight belly fat!
8. Scientifically, blueberries show promise in fighting Type II Diabetes, heart disease, dementia and more.
9. Blueberries have been shown to improve memory.
10. Just a handful, about a quarter cup of blueberries a day, can give you all the benefits they offer. However, we know it’s hard to eat just a few, so enjoy to your heart’s content!
Blueberries are truly a wonder food. Delicious, nutritious, and versatile, they are as close to the perfect food as possible. Find blueberry tips, recipes, and ideas on the BlueberriesFromFlorida.com recipes pages or the Blueberries from Florida Pinterest recipe boards