The Best Health Resolutions to Keep This Year: Eat More Blueberries!
Keeping your New Year's resolutions will be a snap if you eat more blueberries.
If you’re like most people, you made a resolution to try to live a healthier lifestyle this New Year’s. You might have qualified it as ‘lose weight’ or ‘exercise more.’ Here’s one easy way to follow that healthful resolution: eat more blueberries! Blueberries are tasty, making them easy to add to your diet. They’re also very nutritious—they have superfood status—so they’re a great fruit to add to your diet to increase your health. In addition to the vitamins and minerals offered by fruits and berries, blueberries have some proven health benefits above and beyond standard produce (superfood, remember?) Explore all the ways blueberries improve your health, and tips on ways to eat more blueberries this year.
The Awesome Health Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries have a lot of good things going for them when it comes to health benefits for you, so adding blueberries to your diet is a sure-fire way to improve your health in multiple ways. The health benefits of blueberries include:
- Improving Heart and Cardiovascular Health
- Lowering Blood Pressure
- Reducing your Risk of Type II Diabetes
- Aiding in Digestion
- Increasing Weight Loss
- Helping to Prevent Cancer
- Improving Brain Health
- Aiding in Skin Health
Tips to Eat More Blueberries
Adding blueberries as part of a healthy diet and exercise regimen is sure to keep your resolution for a healthy lifestyle on track. Try any of these tips for adding more blueberries to your diet:
- Have half a cup of blueberries with breakfast.
- Enjoy a healthy blueberry smoothie for breakfast. Find a recipe here.
- Make blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes or blueberry waffles.
- Try one new recipe with blueberries a week. Find a variety of blueberry recipes on our website.
- Add blueberries to soups and stews.
- Start your meal off with an appetizer featuring blueberries. Find a recipe here.
- Sip and make merry with a blueberry cocktail. Test your mixology skills with these concoctions.
- Indulge in a decadent blueberry-infused dessert. Find some here.
Your healthful resolution will be a snap once you start to eat more blueberries. Follow the Blueberries from Florida Pinterest boards for more recipes and news about blueberries!