Where to Go When You’ve Got the Blues…for Blueberry Festivals
When it comes to blueberries, having “the blues” isn’t all bad as long as you have blueberry festivals to look forward to!
April 22nd and 23rd saw a plethora of blueberry festivals. There was the Florida Blueberry Festival in Brooksville, and the Plant City Blueberry Festival, just to name a few. However, blueberry festivals are like blueberries: one just won’t be enough. There’s so much to love: blueberries, blueberry pie, blueberry shortcake, arts & crafts, games, rides, live music…did we mention blueberries? If you’ve got a case of “the blues” for another blueberry festival, try one of the ones below!
Additional Florida Blueberry Festivals
Florida’s blueberry harvest is the first out of the gate in the U.S., so it’s only natural for Blueberry Festival season to kick off in The Sunshine State. There are more blueberry Festivals to be enjoyed! Try:
- Avon Park Bluegrass Blueberry Festival, April 29th: The Annual Bluegrass Blueberry Festival will be held in Donaldson Park on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Features live bluegrass music, blueberry products for sale, BBQ chicken dinners for sale, a Kid’s Zone, and original arts and crafts vendors.
- Bostwick Blueberry Festival, April 29th: Includes blueberries and blueberry foods, arts and crafts, free live entertainment all day and more! There is also no admission charge to enter this blueberry festival.
- Mount Dora Blueberry Festival, April 29th and 30th: Features a blueberry breakfast both days, baking contest and sale, pie eating contest, live music and more. On of the goals of this blueberry festival is to really encourage the growth of the Florida blueberry industry!
- Bronson Blueberry Festival, May 13th: In its third year, the Bronson Blueberry Festival is one of the latest blueberry festivals in Central Florida. This festival offers all things blueberry, from fresh blueberries to a wide assortment of other foods made with blueberries. Other delicious foods will also be for sale. There will also be fresh berries for sale, a wide assortment of crafts and other goods, live music and a children’s play area.
- Wellborn Blueberry Festival, June 3rd: Held in north Florida in the town of Wellborn, this will be the 24th installment of the Wellborn Blueberry Festival. Free admission will get attendees 100 arts & crafts and food vendors, a car show, parade, children’s amusements, and their famous blueberry pancake breakfast served from 7:00 to 10:00am. The Country Store will have blueberry pies, cobblers, jams and jellies, syrup, and more for sale, and local farms will be offering fresh blueberries and blueberry bushes.
Your next best bet to find blueberry festivals after Florida’s blueberry harvests are complete is to look at points further north for blueberry festivals in Georgia and Alabama, the Carolinas, Virginia, and so on.