May 26th is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
Each year on May 26, people across the United States, celebrate and enjoy National Blueberry Cheesecake Day. As legend has it, blueberry cheesecake originated in history because it was used to feed the athletes of the Olympic Games in Greece. This would make it an historic dessert for centuries. The 2014 date also falls on Memorial Day. We’re sharing a quick an easy recipe from Food.com to add blueberry cheesecake to your Memorial Day festivities.
Units: US | Metric
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 dash vanilla extract
1 dash lemon extract
1 cup heavy cream
1 (12 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
1 prepared graham cracker crust
1. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon and vanilla extracts. Mix well.
2. In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold 3/4 of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
4. Spread into crust.
5. Dot with blueberry pie filling, and smooth with spatula to cover.
6. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
7. Garnish with remaining cream.