Summer Goals: Eat a Carton of Blueberries a Week for Your Health
Summer is jam-packed with events and things to do, making eating a carton of blueberries a week a good way to stay healthy.
You hear so much about the lazy days of summer, but the truth is we’re rushing around as much as ever. Family reunions, summer vacation, barbecues, holidays and more can all add up to one hectic summer. The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council is launching a campaign to encourage everyone to eat a carton of blueberries a week to fit in a healthy habit amongst all the summer fun. Explore below why enjoying a carton of blueberries a week this summer is a good idea.
Eat a Carton of Blueberries Campaign
The idea is simple: fit in a carton of blueberries into your diet this summer. Blueberries are a great snack for many reasons:
- -They’re healthy. Blueberries are one of the true superfoods, offering antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and more. The science to back up the healthfulness of blueberries is solid, too.
- -You can eat them anywhere. Blueberries taste great au natural, so they can go anywhere.
- -Everyone loves their taste. Blueberries taste so good, and they are beloved by people of all ages.
- -They’re versatile. Blueberries are as at home in a breakfast dish as they are in a dessert, so you can enjoy them all day long.
Living the Blueberry Life
Eating a carton of blueberries a week would be about a quarter cup a day; that’s the amount where the health benefits start, according to the research. Try these tips for adding a quarter cup of blueberries to your family’s diet:
- Plan a blueberry breakfast, such as adding blueberries to pancakes or waffles.
- Add blueberries to a salad or sandwich.
- Enjoy raw blueberries as a snack.
- Make a special blueberry dessert for after a family dinner.
- Mix up a blueberry smoothie.
- Explore new blueberry recipes.