Get Your Summer Drinks On With These Blueberry Beverages
Find three recipes for delicious blueberry beverages for your next barbecue, backyard party, or summer soiree.
Summer is upon us, and that makes a perfect time to brew up a batch of adult blueberry beverages to cool off and enjoy the summer weather. We’ve put together a trio of cocktail recipes for blueberry beverages that are sure to tantalize your taste buds, and you can even make them without alcoholic if you’d prefer; the recipes are that good! Get out some of those fresh blueberries and whip up a tasty blueberry beverage.
Three Blueberry Beverages to Try This Summer
- 2 cups frozen blueberries + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice + lime wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup agave
- 16 ounces silver tequila (optional)
- 64 ounces sparkling water, sparkling wine or club soda
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, muddle blueberries, lime juice, and agave.
- Add in tequila (optional) and sparkling water, stirring to combine.
- Add in a handful of berries and a few lime wedges.
- To serve, ladle into punch or low ball glasses and fill with ice. Garnish each glass with a few extra blueberries and a lime wedge.
Number of servings (yield): 12 Cups
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio (or white grape juice)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 bottle of lemon-ginger kombucha
- In a large pitcher, mix wine (or white grape juice), blueberries and lemon
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Pour over ice and top with two tablespoons of kombucha
Number of servings (yield): 6 Cocktails/Mocktails
Blueberry And Mint Spritzer
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup mint leaves, torn
- 4 cups club soda
- 8 fl. oz vodka (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Make the blueberry base: Combine the first four ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and add the mint leaves
- Stir with wooden spoon to release the mint aromas
- Chill completely and strain out solids into a container by pushing on the blueberries to extract as much juice as possible
- For each drink: Combine 3 oz of the chilled blueberry base in a shaker with ½ cup ice cubes, 1 fl oz.
- Vodka if using, and shake to muddle and strain into a chilled glass
- Add 4 oz. club soda
- Garnish with a few blueberries and a mint leaf
All recipes and photos courtesy of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Growers Council.
Get more great recipes for blueberry beverages or other blueberry dishes from the BlueberriesFromFlorida.com recipes pages or the Blueberries from Florida Pinterest recipe boards.