Shake up your burger, add life to a grilled chicken sandwich, twist up a meal with this new spin on ketchup.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger (gari) or minced fresh ginger
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, onion, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt.
- Bring to a simmer; cook about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove to blender or food processor; whirl until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.